Newton Dons Superman Cape

Whether it was from turkey and stuffing on Thanksgiving or shopping for flat screen televisions and mp3 players on Black Friday, this week was not kind to the bodies of millions of Americans.  Exhausted and full, what better way to rest up from a long week than to sit back, relax, and watch some football?  With their fantasy owners on the mend, these players stepped in and gave them something to be thankful for:

1) Cam Newton, QB, Carolina Panthers

Playing for the first time on Monday Night Football, Newton shook his sophomore slump and looked like the dominant player he was in his rookie season, leading Carolina to a 30-22 win in Philadelphia. Newton did it with his legs and his arm, throwing for 306 yards and two touchdowns in addition to rushing for 52 yards and two touchdowns.

2) Tom Brady, QB, New England Patriots

Brady and the Pats capped off the NFL’s Thanksgiving games by thrashing the Jets on national television, 49-19.  As was expected, Brady dissected the Jets, throwing for 323 yards and three touchdowns while running for another. For the season, he now has 24 touchdown passes and only three interceptions.

3) Dez Bryant, WR, Dallas Cowboys

Bryant looked incredible for the second week in a row, torching the Redskins for his second straight 145-yard receiving game.  Although the Cowboys’ frenzied attempt to rally from a 28-3 halftime deficit fell short, Bryant did his part by hauling in two touchdowns in second half of the game.