Seals-Jones commits to Texas

Sealy’s Rickey Seals-Jones committed to Texas today. He is one of the highest ranked recruits in the nation.

He stands at 6-foot-five, 220 pounds and is a four-star prospect. He received an offer from Texas on junior day on February 12.

He played a variety of positions for Sealy including quarterback, receiver and safety. He primarily played quarterback last season. He rushed 114 times for 1,245 yards and 15 touchdowns.

He will likely start out as wide receiver when he arrives in Austin. But, he could be switched to tight end. With the commitments of quarterback Tyrone Swoopes, running back Kyle Hicks and wide receiver Jake Oliver, the class of 2013 is already making strides with offensive personnel.

He had offers from Auburn, LSU, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Texas A&M, Baylor and Texas Tech.

According to 247Sports, he is the No. 5 overall prospect in Texas and the No. 32 prospect in the country. He is Texas’ sixth commitment — four of Texas’ six recruits are ranked in the top 10 in the state.

Texas will host its second and final junior day on Saturday and spring drills begin on Thursday. Although the Longhorns ended its first junior day with only one commitment, the class of 2013 is coming together. Seals-Jones will be a very versatile and important asset to this class that is coming together, especially on offensive.