Texas state Sen. Charles Schwertner accused of sending sexually explicit texts to UT-Austin student
UT is currently investigating an allegation made against state Sen. Charles Schwertner that claimed he sent a sexually explicit image and text message to a graduate student he met this past summer at an on-campus event, according to the Austin American-Statesman. Read this story
NewsSeptember 26, 2018 12:54 AM
SportsSeptember 25, 2018 11:49 PM
Life and ArtsSeptember 25, 2018 11:19 PM
NewsSeptember 24, 2018 11:47 PM
NewsSeptember 24, 2018 11:46 PM
NewsSeptember 24, 2018 11:53 PM
Latest in News
- The Bridging Barriers program, a UT initiative tackling different fundamental problems facing humanity, such as environmental degradation, seeks to solve another problem: community adversity.
- The Counseling and Mental Health Center is hosting their 10th annual Suicide Prevention Week in the form of guest lecturers, support groups and social bond building workshops.
Latest in Opinion
- Columnist Sam Groves criticizes the University's lack of reasoning for requesting the removal of Gun Free UT signs.
- Columnist Lizeth Badillo emphasizes the importance of student awareness on recycling.
Latest in Sports
- The Texas men’s tennis team started off the first weekend of fall play with quick results as junior Yuya Ito and senior Leonardo Telles both won first place in their respective invitationals.
- One would think that after playing six ranked teams in the first nine games of the season, it would be nice to take it easy and play some less talented squads. But instead, the Texas volleyball team embraces the challenging slate of games.
Latest in Life & Arts
- Before its US premiere at Fantastic Fest, The Daily Texan spoke with Jonah Hill about his directorial debut “Mid90s.”
- Although this is not MacDonald’s first venture into the talk show genre, “Norm MacDonald Has a Show” is distinctly different from his most recent projects.