Senate Bill 5 filibuster and rally at the Texas State Capitol

• State representative Donna Howard addresses opponents of Senate Bill 5, an anti-abortion measure, in the Texas Capitol rotunda in the first minutes of June 26.   Sen. Wendy Davis, D-Fort Worth filibustered for over ten hours against the bill.  (Photo Credit: Erika Rich)

• Opponents of Senate Bill 5, an anti-abortion measure, look down from the rotunda balconies of the Texas State Capitol in Austin, Texas just after the State Legislature's special session ended at 12:01 a.m. on June 26, 2013. A large crowd gathered at the State Capitol in order to support state Sen. Wendy Davis's filibuster of the bill. (Photo Credit: Guillermo Hernandez)

• Opponents of Senate Bill 5, an anti-abortion measure,  gather in the Texas Capitol rotunda in the first minutes of June 26.   Sen. Wendy Davis, D-Fort Worth filibustered for over ten hours against the bill.  (Photo Credit: Erika Rich)

• Kerri St. Aubin and Meredith Ridley of Austin check their Twitter feeds while they wait outside the Texas Capitol to protest against Senate Bill 5.  (Photo Credit: Erika Rich)

• Texas State Democrats address opponents of Senate Bill 5, an anti-abortion measure, in the Texas Capitol rotunda in the first minutes of June 26.   Sen. Wendy Davis, D-Fort Worth filibustered for over ten hours against the bill.  (Photo Credit: Erika Rich)

• Opponents of Senate Bill 5 lined the Texas State Senate gallery dressed in orange shirts on Tuesday. State Sen. Wendy Davis, D-Fort Worth, filibustered the bill for over 10 hours until Senate Democrats, aided by a large crowd of opponents of the bill, were able to keep the measure from being voted on before the special session ended at midnight. (Photo Credit: Guillermo Hernandez)

• Opponents of Senate Bill 5, an anti-abortion measure, voice their disapproval just after the State Legislature's special session ended at 12:01 a.m. on June 26, 2013 at the Texas State Capitol in Austin, Texas. A large crowd gathered at the State Capitol in order to support state Sen. Wendy Davis's filibuster of the bill. (Photo Credit: Guillermo Hernandez)

• President of the Planned Parenthood Federation of America, Cecile Richards, greeted opponents of anti-abortion measure Senate Bill 5 as they arrived to the Texas State Senate Gallery on Tuesday morning. Opponents of the bill came to watch State Sen. Wendy Davis, D-Fort Worth, filibuster the bill for over 10 hours. (Photo Credit: Guillermo Hernandez)

• Texas state representative Senfronia Thompson addresses opponents of Senate Bill 5, an anti-abortion measure, in the Texas Capitol rotunda in the first minutes of June 26.   Sen. Wendy Davis, D-Fort Worth filibustered for over ten hours against the bill.  (Photo Credit: Erika Rich)

• Opponents of the anti-abortion bills gather in the Texas Capitol rotunda in the first minutes of June 26.   Sen. Wendy Davis, D-Fort Worth filibustered for over ten hours against the bill.  (Photo Credit: Erika Rich)

• Opponents of Senate Bill 5, an anti-abortion measure, react to conflicting news of its passage just after the State Legislature's special session ended at 12:01 a.m. on June 26, 2013 at the Texas State Capitol in Austin, Texas. A large crowd gathered at the State Capitol in order to support state Sen. Wendy Davis's filibuster of the bill. (Photo Credit: Guillermo Hernandez)

• An opponent of Senate Bill 5, an anti-abortion measure, voices her disapproval just after the State Legislature's special session ended at 12:01 a.m. on June 26, 2013 at the Texas State Capitol in Austin, Texas. A large crowd gathered at the State Capitol in order to support state Sen. Wendy Davis's filibuster of the bill. (Photo Credit: Guillermo Hernandez)

• Citizens at the Texas Capitol watch their computers to try and figure out the fate of abortion legislation, SB 5. (Photo Credit: Guillermo Hernandez)

• President of the Planned Parenthood Federation of America, Cecile Richards, addresses opponents of the anti-abortion bill that gathered in the Texas Capitol rotunda in the first minutes of June 26.   Senator Wendy Davis, D-Fort Worth,  filibustered for over ten hours against the bill.  (Photo Credit: Erika Rich)

• Opponents of Senate Bill 5, an anti-abortion measure,  gather in the Texas Capitol rotunda in the first minutes of June 26.   Sen. Wendy Davis, D-Fort Worth filibustered for over ten hours against the bill.  (Photo Credit: )

• Texas Senator Kirk Watson addresses opponents of Senate Bill 5, an anti-abortion measure, in the Texas Capitol rotunda in the first minutes of June 26.   Sen. Wendy Davis, D-Fort Worth filibustered for over ten hours against the bill.  (Photo Credit: Erika Rich)

• (Photo Credit: Guillermo Hernandez)

• State Sen. Wendy Davis, D-Fort Worth, begins her filibuster of Senate Bill 5, a measure that would enact severe restrictions on abortions in Texas. Senate Democrats, with the help of thousands of their supporters, were able to prevent the bill from being voted on before the end of the special session at midnight on Wednesday. (Photo Credit: Guillermo Hernandez)

«
»