Rally for Trayvon Martin

• Dylan Hill, 12, marches down South Congress Avenue Tuesday afternoon during a rally held to protest the killing of Florida teen Trayvon Martin last month.  (Photo Credit: Thomas Allison)

• Signatures fill a board asking protesters to pledge for action at the rally held for Trayvon Martin, an unarmed teenager killed by neighborhood watchman George Zimmerman. The rally started outside the gates of Austin’s capitol and turned into a march to townhall.  (Photo Credit: Pu Ying Huang)

• Jewel Bos-Well Hudson hands out “Justice for Trayvon” posters to protesters during the rally held at Austin’s capitol Monday afternoon. Hudson says her personal frustration in the killing of Florida teen Trayvon Martin is the lack of due process in the case.  (Photo Credit: Pu Ying Huang)

• Protestors gather outside the Texas State Capitol Tuesday for a “rally for justice” after the killing of Florida teen Trayvon Martin last month. (Photo Credit: Thomas Allison)

• Protestors at a rally for Trayvon Martin outside the Texas State Capitol Tuesday gather around a copy of The Daily Texan to discuss a controversial Editorial cartoon. Many of the protestors felt that the piece was either overtly racist or otherwise inappropriately made a joke of Martin’s death. (Photo Credit: Thomas Allison)

• A woman remembers to place her over her head at the gates of the Capitol as other rally goers stream in, all wearing hoodies in solidarity with the attire Trayvon Martin wore the night of his death. (Photo Credit: Zen Ren)

• Andrea Bridgeman sings a rendition of Sam Cooke’s “A Change is Gonna Come” at a rally outside the Texas State Capitol Tuesday afternoon, held to protest the killing of Florida teen Trayvon Martin last month. (Photo Credit: Thomas Allison)

• A protestor holds flyers during a rally outside the Texas State Capitol in Austin on Tuesday depicting Travyon Martin, the unarmed Florida teen killed last month. (Photo Credit: Thomas Allison)

• Nailah Sankofa, right, protests outside the Texas State Capitol in Austin Tuesday during a rally held to protest the killing of unarmed Florida teen Trayvon Martin. (Photo Credit: Thomas Allison)

• A marcher reminds the audience to never be afraid to stand up for their rights outside of City Hall. As the march went on, numerous people spoke out at random, delivering their feelings about the Florida shooting. (Photo Credit: Zen Ren)

• 2010 UT advertising alumnus Chas Moore crosses the street in front of the Capitol with a “Justice for Trayvon” poster and stack of The Daily Texan newspapers. Moore expressed his frustration about the controverserial editorial cartoon published on The Daily Texan’s opinion page. At the end of the march, Moore gave a speech to protesters at townhall. (Photo Credit: Pu Ying Huang)

• Micheal Cooper, 11, holds skittles and a can of tea during a rally held in front of the Texas State Capitol in Austin on Tuesday March 27, 2012. The rally was held to protest the shooting of unarmed teen Trayvon Martin last month, who was carrying snacks when he was killed in a gated community in Florida. (Photo Credit: Thomas Allison)

• Demonstrators sign a board stating “I make the pledge for action!”. The board was put up during the Justice for Trayvon rally held in front of Austin’s capitol building Monday afternoon.   (Photo Credit: Pu Ying Huang)

• Crystal Williams raises her “Justice for Trayvon” poster up to honking cars passing by on the intersection of West 11th Street and Congress Avenue. Williams said, “ It could have been anyone in a hood. It could have been here, it could have been anywhere”. She hopes George Zimmerman will be prosecuted.  (Photo Credit: Pu Ying Huang)

• Ladarius Campbell, left, and Dominique Nelson, right, protest the killing of unarmed teenager Trayvon Martin last month during a rally Tuesday March 27, 2012 in front of the Texas State Capitol in Austin. The case has become a racial flashpoint that has civil rights leaders and others leading protests in Florida and around the country. (Photo Credit: Thomas Allison)

«
»