Mixed Martial Arts

• Younger audience members wait for the matches to resume from the balcony area of Austin Music Hall. (Photo Credit: Bruno Morlan)

• EMS workers Vince Siters watches the intermission performance at King of Kombat 8. This was Siters' first Mixed Martial event and describes himself as a fan of the sport. (Photo Credit: Bruno Morlan)

• Diego Brandao, middle, lands a kick on Derek Campos at King of Kombat 8. Brandao's and Campos' fight was the longest lasting fight of the event, which featured nine mixed martial arts fights and was held at Austin Music Hall. (Photo Credit: Bruno Morlan)

• Randy Jones, Morning, Dove, and Bryan Dutton cheer as a fighter is being taken down. The group of friends have been fans of Mixed Martial arts for over five years. (Photo Credit: Bruno Morlan)

• A fan celebrates after Sean Spencer knocks out Chris Spicer at King of Kombat 8. The event, held at Austin Music Hall, gave fans an opportunity to watch the fights from the ground or the balcony section. (Photo Credit: Bruno Morlan)

• Mixed martial arts fighter Josh "The Cobra" Scales makes his way to his side of the ring. Scales won the first fight of the night. (Photo Credit: Bruno Morlan)

• King of Kombat CEO, Ron Herndandez, watches a fight sitting next to the "ring girls." Hernandez addressed the audience before the main event, thanking all the fans for making the event possible. (Photo Credit: Bruno Morlan)

• Skyler Fried looks at merchandise with UFC logos while his dad Shane Fried Sr. asks about prices. Fried Sr. and his sons Shane Jr. and Skyler came from Waco to see Chris Spicer fight. (Photo Credit: Bruno Morlan)

• Ryan Larson is introduced for the main event fight by Patrick "Voice of the Cage" Stranger. (Photo Credit: Bruno Morlan)

• A member of the audience at King of Kombat 8 claps as Ryan Larson is introduced for the main event fight. (Photo Credit: Bruno Morlan)

• Derek Patrick O'Neil pushes Josh Scales into a side of the cage during the first fight of King Kombat 8. (Photo Credit: Bruno Morlan)

• Darren Romo, 16, records part of a fight at King of Kombat with his cellphone. King of Kombat 8 was Romo's first MMA event he attended, but follows the sport on TV. (Photo Credit: Bruno Morlan)

• Sitting ringside, audience members at King of Kombat 8 react to the Brandao vs. Campos fight. (Photo Credit: Bruno Morlan)

• Diego Brandao spits blood into a bucket after winning his fight at King of Kombat 8. (Photo Credit: Bruno Morlan)

• Martial arts students perform a choreographed routine as an intermission for King of Kombat 8. (Photo Credit: Bruno Morlan)

«
»