2013 Spring Commencement

• Graduates sing "The Eyes of Texas" at the end of commencement.  (Photo Credit: Pu Ying Huang)

• Fireworks burst above the tower in celebration of the 2013 UT graduates. (Photo Credit: Pu Ying Huang)

• Family, friends and relatives wait for Commencement to start Saturday evening. Attendees sat in seats placed across south mall while volunteers and event coordinators worked to keep aisles clear.  (Photo Credit: Pu Ying Huang)

• Graduates take a quick photo together before marching up to their seats for Commencement.  (Photo Credit: Pu Ying Huang)

• An officer helps a Commencement attendant. (Photo Credit: Pu Ying Huang)

• College deans marched down the aisle with their ceremonial maces to welcome graduates up to their seats.  (Photo Credit: Pu Ying Huang)

• The graduates dressed in their robes and caps walk up south mall to take their seats in front of the stage.  (Photo Credit: Pu Ying Huang)

• Former UT student and Olympic gold medalist Sanya Richards-Ross gave the keynote address at the ceremony Saturday evening. "In order to achieve greatness, you will experience failure. It's the bitter ingredient in the recipe for success," she said.   (Photo Credit: Pu Ying Huang)

• College of Education students cheer as their school dean announces them as official graduates.  (Photo Credit: Pu Ying Huang)

• UT President William Powers Jr. listens as all the college deans come forward to announce the official graduates of their school.  (Photo Credit: Pu Ying Huang)