College Football Playoff

No. 7 TCU at No. 20 West Virginia

Milan Puskar Stadium

Morgantown, West Virginia

Saturday, 2:30 p.m.

ABC

The two newest members of the Big 12 will square off in their biggest matchup since joining the conference in 2012. TCU has played itself into playoff contention despite losing to Baylor a couple of weeks ago. The Horned Frogs broke the conference record for points scored in a conference game, hanging 82 on Texas Tech last week. Junior quarterback Trevone Boykin tossed seven touchdown passes in that game and currently has a 7-to-1 touchdown-to-interception ratio. West Virginia is also no stranger to the end zone. The Mountaineers have scored 36.9 points per game this season, and senior receiver Kevin White has played well enough the past few weeks to break into the Heisman conversation with 1,047 receiving yards and eight touchdowns. There’s no telling how high the score could go in this one.

No. 3 Auburn at No. 4 Ole Miss

Vaught-Hemingway Stadium

Oxford, Mississippi

Saturday, 7:00 p.m.

ESPN

After Ole Miss’ loss to LSU last weekend, neither Auburn nor the Rebels come into this game undefeated, but the intrigue still remains. The winner of this game will remain in the conversation for a spot in the inaugural College Football Playoff, but the loser will essentially be eliminated. The Tigers just survived another upset bid from South Carolina in their first game since losing to Mississippi State. Senior quarterback Nick Marshall has quietly put together a solid year with 1,103 passing yards, 11 touchdowns and just three interceptions in addition to seven rushing touchdowns. The Rebels, on the other hand, are looking to avoid going into a slump after a tough loss to LSU, in which the offense scored only seven points. Look for Ole Miss to rely on its defense, which leads the nation in points allowed, to keep them in this game. This should be another great SEC showdown, with a possible spot in the playoffs on the line.

No. 12 Arizona at No. 22 UCLA

Rose Bowl

Pasadena, California

Saturday, 9:30 p.m.

ESPN

Because of the great play in the SEC and Big 12, the Pac-12 has largely flown under the radar this season. Arizona is the perfect example of this, as the Wildcats have put together a pretty strong season but have yet to really garner any national attention. The Wildcats’ lone blemish is a two-point loss to USC on Oct. 11. However, they also have a big win over then-No. 2 Oregon in Eugene. Redshirt freshman quarterback Anu Solomon has been the focal point of the offense thus far, with 2,430 passing yards, 20 touchdowns and only four interceptions. On the flip side, UCLA has quietly fallen off since being ranked seventh in the preseason AP poll. The Bruins just survived an upset bid from Colorado in double overtime last week, and redshirt junior quarterback Brett Hundley has struggled recently. The Pac-12 South is still wide open, and this matchup could determine who plays Oregon in the conference title game.

Stanford at No. 5 Oregon

Autzen Stadium

Eugene, Oregon

Saturday, 6:30 p.m.

FOX

This is a matchup that has typically decided who represents the Pac-12 North in the conference title game, and, even with Stanford not being ranked, that will likely be the case again this season. Stanford has had a down year by its standards, having lost three games already this season — all of which came against ranked teams. Nonetheless, the Cardinal still sit in second place in the division — just one game behind Oregon. A big reason for some of their struggles has been the offense, which ranks 91st in the country at 25.8 points per game and has averaged only 11 points in their three losses. Oregon, on the other hand, continues to work towards a spot in the College Football Playoff despite having lost to Arizona. Junior quarterback Marcus Mariota looks like a Heisman front-runner with 2,238 passing yards, 24 touchdowns and only one interception. This game has historically produced exciting games, and this year’s edition will be no different.

No. 5 Notre Dame at No. 2 Florida State

Doak Campbell Stadium, Tallahassee, Florida

Saturday, 7:00 p.m.

ABC

Despite both the Fighting Irish and Seminoles’ storied football history, this is only the 10th ever meeting between the two teams. History, both distant and recent, heavily favors Florida State, with the Seminoles holding a 7-2 all-time lead in the series and coming into the game on a 22-game streak. But Notre Dame has been one of the quietest undefeated teams in some time. Senior quarterback Everett Golson has come back from his academic suspension on a mission, amassing 1,683 passing yards, 16 touchdowns and just four interceptions this year, and the Fighting Irish are eighth in scoring defense, giving up just 17.2 points per game. Meanwhile, defendng champion Florida State has been struggling, barely surviving upset bids from Clemson and North Carolina State. Sophomore quarterback Jameis Winston, the reigning Heisman Trophy winner, has not had a great year, throwing just 11 touchdown passes and five interceptions. Still, both teams are undefeated, and this game could determine who gets a spot in the inaugural College Football Playoff.

No. 14 Kansas State at No. 11 Oklahoma

Memorial Stadium, Norman, Oklahoma

Saturday, 11:00 a.m.

ESPN

While the SEC West seems to dominate the headlines, the Big 12 has produced back-to-back weeks chock-full of solid matchups, and this one continues that trend. As always under Bill Snyder, the Wildcats have quietly put together a solid team that should contend for the Big 12 title or, at the very least, make a lot of noise. Kansas State nearly pulled off a big Thursday night upset over Auburn a few weeks ago and are led by senior quarterback Jake Waters, who’s thrown for 1,206 yards and seven touchdowns and has run for six more scores, and senior receiver Tyler Lockett, who has three receiving touchdowns. On the other side, the Sooners hope to continue their bounce-back efforts after losing to TCU a couple weeks ago. Oklahoma will need a much better effort from sophomore quarterback Trevor Knight, who’s thrown for just 438 yards, two touchdowns and two interceptions in the past two games. This will be the best early game Saturday, with the winner being in a great position to take the Big 12 crown if Baylor ever goes down.

No. 15 Oklahoma State at No. 12 TCU

Amon G. Carter Stadium, Ft. Worth, Texas

Saturday, 3:00 p.m.

Fox Sports 1

The Big 12 slate continues with Oklahoma State and TCU squaring off in a similar situation to the Kansas State-Oklahoma matchup. OSU has rebounded well, winning five straight game, after losing the season opener to Florida State, but this will be the Cowboys’ biggest test since that loss. Junior quarterback Daxx Garman has played well since J.W. Walsh went down with an injury, but the Cowboys have struggled, beating Kansas by just seven points last week. TCU, on the other hand, looks to rebound after blowing a 21-point lead against Baylor last week. The Horned Frogs, led by a defense that was allowing just 13.5 points per game before the Baylor game, have been the surprise team in the conference as junior quarterback Trevone Boykin has shown the potential to be another one of the talented quarterbacks in the Big 12. The winner of this game, as in the Kansas State-Oklahoma matchup, will be in a great position to capture the Big 12 title if Baylor slips up.

No. 21 Texas A&M at No. 7 Alabama

Bryant-Denny Stadium, Tuscaloosa, Alabama

Saturday, 2:30 p.m.

CBS

No, this game is unlikely to impact who will win the SEC West considering both teams have lost to Ole Miss. But it could determine how the rest of the season will go for both teams. Texas A&M is coming off of back-to-back losses to Ole Miss and Mississippi State, and the vaunted defense that held South Carolina to only 28 points in the opener has been exposed, conceding 48 and 35 points in each of the past two games. Sophomore quarterback Kenny Hill has struggled in the past two weeks, throwing five interceptions. Alabama has also struggled the past two weeks, losing to Ole Miss for the first time since 2003 and barely holding off Arkansas by a point. The main struggles for the Crimson Tide have come from senior quarterback Blake Sims, who has completed only 58 percent of his passes in the past two games and has thrown only two touchdown passes. No, this game may not have any College Football Playoff or SEC West implications. but the loser of this one will have a long way to go to stay afloat in such a difficult division.

No. 6 Georgia vs. No. 24 South Carolina

Bryant-Denny Stadium

Saturday, 2:30 PM

TV: CBS

This is far and away the game to watch Saturday. Yes, South Carolina got embarrassed on its home turf by Texas A&M to begin the season, and the defense is still learning how to play without star defensive lineman Jadeveon Clowney, but the Gamecocks were ranked so highly for a reason. Meanwhile, Georgia is easily the favorite to win the SEC East and contend for a berth in the College Football Playoff. Junior running back Todd Gurley had a monster week one, with 198 rushing yards and three touchdowns on only 15 carries. The Bulldogs appear to have the upper hand but with the Gamecocks looking to defend their turf, this one should be good.

Tennessee vs. No. 4 Oklahoma

Memorial Stadium

Saturday, 7:00 PM

TV: ABC

Tennessee has really struggled the past seven seasons in the SEC East. Since the departure of longtime head coach Phillip Fulmer, the Volunteers have had four coaches in the past six years, but they look to be headed for a turnaround under head coach Butch Jones. Tennessee is a young team but will rely on the play of senior linebacker A.J. Johnson and freshman running back Jalen Hurd. Going into Norman, Oklahoma, will be very tough for the inexperienced Vols — Oklahoma is a favorite for the Big 12 title and for a spot in the playoffs. Redshirt sophomore quarterback Trevor Knight has the Sooners rolling on offense, where they struggled some last year. However, an off-game could quickly put Stoops and Co. on upset alert Saturday night.

No. 21 Louisville vs Virginia

Scott Stadium

Saturday, 11:30 AM

TV: N/A

On paper, it seems this isn’t really much of a matchup. Louisville has done quite well since Charlie Strong left, and Virginia hasn’t done much of anything in recent memory. But it is being played in Charlottesville, Virginia, and the Cavaliers have some fight in them. The Cardinals have steamrolled each of their first two opponents this season by a combined score of 97-34, and new head coach Bobby Petrino’s offense has averaged 470 yards per game. But the Cavaliers did give UCLA a fit in the first game of the season. It will be up to the Virginia defense to keep the Cavaliers in this game.

Louisiana-Lafayette vs. No. 14 Ole Miss

Vaught-Hemingway Stadium

Saturday, 3:00 PM

TV: SEC Network

It’s a tell-tale sign of how bad a week of the season it is when this matchup is a game to watch. Despite however bad this showdown might seem, it could turn out to be an old-fashioned battle in the Deep South. Louisiana-Lafayette is coming off three-straight bowl wins for the first time in school history. This year will likely be tougher for the Ragin’ Cajuns, especially after last week’s 48-20 loss to Louisiana Tech. Ole Miss, on the other hand, has aspirations of playing a part in deciding who comes out of the SEC West and has an outside chance at making the College Football Playoff. If nothing else, this sets up as a stereotypical trap game for the Rebels.