Flash flood warning issued for Travis County

Update (5:30 p.m.): Capital Metro spokeswoman Melissa Ayala said a UT shuttle bus was impacted by partial flooding.

“We evacuated all the passengers and the operator,” Ayala said. “There were no injuries.”

Update (4:20 p.m.): The University is investigating flooding in east lower level of Welch Hall due to a malfunctioning drain line, according to UT spokeswoman Laurie Lentz.

Lentz said Robert Lee Moore Hall also experienced water leakage on the 13th floor stemming from the 14th floor.

Several inches of water have been contained in mechanical rooms in the Texas Swim Center.

Fire alarms in Mezes and Andrew dormitories also went off Friday due to water infiltration.

Update (12:48 p.m.): The National Weather Service issued a tornado watch for Travis County, Bastrop County and 18 other Texas counties until 7 p.m. Friday night.

The NWS also issued severe thunderstorm, flash flood and tornado warnings for Travis County on Friday morning, according to the agency’s  website.

The tornado and severe thunderstorm warnings expired at 9:45 a.m. and 10:15 a.m., respectively, while the flash flood warning will remain in effect until 1:15 p.m.

The University urged students, faculty and staff to review shelter procedures if high winds or a tornado take place, according to an email sent by the University.

“While the conditions here currently are wet and at times windy, there is no serious weather threat at this time,” the email read.

UTPD spokeswoman Cindy Posery said classes have not been canceled.

“Right now our biggest concern is flooding and obviously traveling on roads and sidewalks so we are asking people to not go into any standing or flowing water whether you’re walking or driving,” Posey said.

The airfield at Austin-Bergstrom Airport was shut down because of the severe weather conditions, according to a tweet from the airport’s twitter account. The airport has received a total of 13.4 inches of rain since the storm began.

Rain is expected to continue until Saturday morning, according to the NWS.