Complaint filed against Rotnofsky-Mandalapu for not disclosing purchase of snacks, fake roses

Student Government Executive Alliance candidates Xavier Rotnofsky and Rohit Mandalapu will attend an Election Supervisory Board hearing Wednesday night for failing to claim the purchases of brownies and fake roses on a financial disclosure form.

The candidates performed a gag at the SG debate last week where they served the other candidates snacks and gifted each candidate a rose.

Former SG presidential candidate David Maly filed the complaint, saying he inquired about Rotnofsky and Mandalapu’s financial disclosures, specifically regarding the snacks and roses they served at the debate.

Maly said he also sent emails to ESB Chair Nick Molina, asking whether the alliance had filed receipts of the specific purchases with the ESB.

“I then inquired about the receipts via email and received an email back Monday night saying they had just been posted,” Maly said in the complaint. “No receipts for brownies or fake roses were included.”

Rotnofsky and Mandalapu are candidates in a runoff election against Braydon Jones and Kimia Dargahi. Voting takes place Wednesday and Thursday, and results will be announced at 6:30 p.m. Thursday at the Main Mall.