State Rep. Molly White wants all Muslim visitors to pledge allegiance to American laws

State Rep. Molly White (R-Belton) said she wanted all Muslim visitors to renounce terrorism in a Facebook post Thursday.

State Rep. Molly White (R-Belton) said any Muslims who visit her office should be required to renounce Islamic terrorism and publicly pledge allegiance to American laws, according to a Facebook status White posted Thursday.

"Most members including myself are back in District," White wrote. "I did leave an Israeli flag on the reception desk in my office with instructions to staff to ask representatives from the Muslim community to renounce Islamic terrorist groups and publicly announce allegiance to America and our laws. We will see how long they stay in my office."

Thursday marks the seventh-annual Texas Muslim Capitol Day, sponsored by the Texas branch of the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR).

According to an event description on CAIR Texas’ website, the goal of the day is to provide “an opportunity for community members to learn about the democratic political process and how to be an advocate for important issues.”