The Morning Texan: Storms in the sky and at the Capitol

There is a 90 percent chance it will rain in Austin on Monday, and there is an even better chance it is already raining right now. The National Weather Service has put a flash flood watch into place until tomorrow at 7 a.m.

The Capitol is about to get a little stormy as well. Later today, the Select Committee on Transparency in State Agency Operations will hold a public hearing for testimony on the ongoing UT System Board of Regents controversy and the accusations that regents are micromanaging UT President William Powers Jr. This committee could eventually recommend to impeach one of the regents.

Unlike many committee hearings at the Capitol, this one will not be live-streamed. The Daily Texan is sending Jacob Kerr to cover the meeting. You can follow him on Twitter @jacobrkerr.

Here is some morning reading:

This weekend's most read story online: While abortion legislation passed the Texas Senate in a 19-11 vote that was almost along party lines Friday night, Texas Democrats remained determined at rallies, leading at the Capitol.

In case you missed it: The Daily Texan podcast was recorded and went up Friday. Abortion legislation, the UT System Board of Regent meeting and even the death of UT's albino squirrel are covered. Check it out here. 

What you have to read: Texas Attorney General Greg Abbott announced his campaign for governor in San Antonio on Sunday.