LIVEBLOG: Texas House meets to discuss abortion legislation in second special session

9:15 p.m. — The Texas House tentatively approved Rep. Jodie Laubenberg's abortion bill on Tuesday, following more than 10 hours of debate. The House must vote on the bill one more time before it can be sent to the seante.

Representatives tried to apply more than 20 amendments to HB2, but they were all tabled.

The Texas House will meet again Wednesday, at 10 a.m.

2:00 p.m. — House republicans have now turned down multiple amendments to Rep. Jodie Laubenberg's bill.

Amendments have sought to allow abortion after 20 weeks in case of incest or rape and expand the restraints of when a women's life and health is in danger. Several lawmakers claimed the bill was unconstitutional, and would not survive a court battle.

Laubenberg has refused every amendment offered thus far. The majority of House Republicans have managed to defeat many amendments. 

11:55 a.m. — Rep. Senfroncica Thompson's amendment, which would have allowed for abortion after 20 weeks in the case of rape or incest, was tabled by the Texas House.

11:29 a.m. — Though Rep. Laubenberg, R-Parker, has said repeatedly she would not accept any amendments to her bill, Rep. Senfronia Thompson, D-Houston, has filed an amendment that would allow for abortion after twenty weeks in case of incest or rape.

"I don't want [women] to have to use a coat hanger," Thompson said. "I want them to have a choice."

Laubenberg, however, has said repeatedly she does not want her bill to be amended. 

Thompson is currently taking questions on her amendment.

10:47 a.m. — After Rep. Jodie Laubenberg, R-Parker, laid out her bill before the entire Texas House,  Rep. Jessica Farrar, D-Houston, spent more than 10 minutes asking Laubenberg questions.

Farrar criticized the bill at several points, calling the exceptions in the bill "narrow." She also crticized Laubenberg's responses to her questions.

"I am not asking about your opinon on her decision," Farrar said at one point. "I am asking about her health and safety."

"I'm the one asking questions," she said later. "That didn't answer my question."

10:23 a.m. — The Texas House convened at 10 a.m., and is expected to begin discussing abortion legislation and House Bill 2.

HB2 would ban abortion after 20 weeks, increase regulations at abortion clinics statewide and add additional restrictions to the handling of abortion-inducing drugs.

The bill was filed by Rep. Jodie Laubenber, R-Parker. Last week, it passed through the House State Affairs Committee after more than nine hours of testimony. More than 1,000 people registered to testify, but less than 100 had the opportunity to.

Rep. Sylvester Turner, D-Houston, told the members of the committee he would attempt to add amendments to the bill that would set aside state appropriations to help abortion clinics pay for the increased regulations that many fear would close clinics otherwise.

Laubenberg has said she would prefer her bill go unamended.

Follow Bobby Blanchard on Twitter @bobbycblanchard.