The Morning Texan: Second special session starts, PCL under construction and more

Monday will be mostly sunny with a high of 94 degrees, according to the National Weather Service. That is much cooler than Friday’s high of 103 degrees.

The Texas legislature will convene at 2 p.m. on Monday for the start of the second special session. Texas Gov. Rick Perry called for a second special session after Sen. Wendy Davis, D-Fort Worth, successfully killed abortion legislation with a filibuster last week. Abortion restrictions, transportation funding and juvenile sentencing are all expected to be considered during the second special session. More than 6,000 people are expected to show up at the Capitol on Monday for various rallies and events happening in response to the second special session.

This weekend’s most read article: Sophomore Longhorn point guard Myck Kabongo was not drafted in the 2013 NBA Draft. He was passed over by 13 other point guards through 60 total picks.

What you have to read: The PCL is under construction to create a student services desk that will include both circulation and reference services in an effort to expand study space and consolidate services.

In case you missed it: Aerospace engineering assistant professor Nanshu Lu has created a small flexible tattoo that can monitor vital signs, power itself and transmit data in a more compact way than the bulky options available today.