The Morning Texan: Heat, special session and more

According to the National Weather Service, Thursday's high could approach 101 degrees. The day will start with a few clouds in the sky, but it is expected to clear up quickly.

It has been an intense news week. On Monday, the Supreme Court of the United States announced several landmark cases, including the long awaited Fisher v. Texas case. On Tuesday, the abortion filibuster lasted all day and legislation in the Senate was killed in the late hours of Tuesday evening. It also broke on Tuesday that the Texas Legislature would be investigating UT System Regent Wallace Hall for possible impeachment. On Wednesday, the Supreme Court released two decisions on the same-sex marriage cases, and Texas Gov. Rick Perry announced a second special session.

The Daily Texan has covered this week every step of the way. For live-updates on whatever happens on Thursday, follow us on Twitter @thedailytexan.

Here is some morning reading:

Yesterday's most read article: Texas Gov. Rick Perry announced a second special session that includes abortion, transportation and juvenile sentencing. The second special session will begin July 1. 

In case you missed it: In partnership with Art in Public Places, the City of Austin is investing $105,500 in two downtown public art projects

What you have to read: The UT Medical Branch-Galveston has been sued over the death of four inmates. The university provides health care to many inmates, as does the entire UT System, and the Texas Civil Rights Project says the school is liable for their deaths.