The Morning Texan: Fisher (possibly), lots of vetoes and more

Monday's high will approach 97 degrees, according to the National Weather Service, and the heat index could break 100. A few clouds may roll in late in the afternoon and the evening.

At 9 a.m. the Supreme Court of the United States is set to release a few decisions. One of these decisions could be on Fisher v. Texas, the court case on the use of race as a factor in college admissions. Fisher v. Texas is the oldest court case without a decision and the only October case without a decision. The court does not announce when it will release decisions on certain cases — instead they announce certain days when they will announce decisions in general. 

For more details on the Fisher v. Texas case, check out this story by Andrew Messamore and listen to last week's podcast. 

Here is some morning reading:

This weekend's most read story online: On Friday, Gov. Rick Perry vetoed part of a bill Friday, taking away $1.5 million in additional funding for the Center for Mexican-American Studies.  One graduate student said he saw the veto as an "attack" on the University.

In case you missed it: The $1.5 million funding was not the only thing the governor vetoed. Check out this complete list of his Friday vetoes.

What you have to read: UT has recently acquired and old letter from George Washington — and the founding father may not be as truthful as originally thought.