The Morning Texan: Thunderstorms, hail and tornadoes possible later today

Late Tuesday afternoon, Central Texas may see thunderstorms, hail and even possibly tornadeos. Photo courtesy of the National Weather Service.

Austin might be in for some thunderstorms later this afternoon. According to the National Weather Service, Central Texas may get one to two inches of rain. The National Weather Service also said there is a chance of hail, gusts of winds and even tornadoes. Stay safe.

What is was happening today: Update 12:10 p.m. — The meeting was cancelled. At 1 p.m., the Texas House Committee on Transparency in State Agency Operations will have a meeting. Representatives from the UT System were expected to testify, and The Daily Texan was planning on covering the meeting.

Yesterday’s most read article: Yesterday, the Senate Committee on Nominations and other senators grilled UT System regent nominees Ernest Aliseda, Jeffrey Hildebrand and current UT Regent Paul Foster for four hours. We picked the five quotes you have to read. This includes: “I’ve heard more about the University of Texas System than I have ever wanted to in my life this legislative session. No, Senator Zaffirini, actually that’s not because I’m an Aggie.”

In case you missed it: While senators we’re busy cross examining new players Aliseda and Hildebrand, the Texan did a little bit of research. Here are ten things you probably didn’t know about the two new UT System regent appointees. For example, did you know Hildebrand is a billionaire, or that Aliseda has family members involved in public service?

What you have to read: Enough with all these blogs and sidebars, check out our full article on the hearing at the Senate Committee of Nominations.