UPDATE: Everything you need to know for UT's graduation ceremonies

UPDATE (7:50 a.m.): The second day of individual commencement ceremonies starts today at 8 a.m., and will continue till the main ceremony at the Tower at 8 p.m. 

Families, friends and graduates will swarm the campus today, which means campus is going to be busy. Here is everything you need to know in order to survive the day:

-     Do not bring bags to campus today.  If they are bigger than 12 inches in any dimension, you will be turned away. Small bags are subject to being searched, which can result in delays. The University has increased its safety procedures at graduation this year following recent national events.

-     You should know when and where your ceremony is taking place. The University made a Spring 2013 Commencement website.

-     Parking is bound to be tricky with so many people coming to campus today. And it's easy to park in the wrong spot. So wherever you park, look for signs. This way, you can avoid getting a ticket. The University has designated all 'C' campus lots for commencement parking. Also, the following parking garages can be used as well: San Jacinto garage, San Antonio garage (for ceremonies in Hogg Memorial Auditorium), Brazos garage (for ceremonies in Gregory Gym), Twenty-Seventh Street garage, Manor garage (for ceremonies in the Performing Arts Center), Speedaway garage and Trinity garage (for ceremonies in the Frank Erwin Center.) Click here for more information on parking

-      There are a few road closures going on as a result of graduation on Saturday. They are listed below:

• 21st Street will be closed from Whitis Avenue to Speedway from 5 p.m. to midnight.
  • University Avenue will be closed from 21st Street to 20th Street from 7 a.m. to midnight 
  • ​20th Street will be closed from University Avenue till the end of the street from 7 a.m. to midnight.

-     Tweet your photos and stories about graduation @thedailytexan with the hashtag #UTgrad. We want to share your stories. You can also email them to news@dailytexanonline.com. The Daily Texan's print news editor Jody Serrano will be covering the event, you can interact with her on twitter @jodyserrano.

This blog post has been updated for the second day of commencement.