A&M's Kyle Field will soon have more seats than UT's Darrell K Royal Texas Memorial Stadium

There are some big changes scheduled to go down in College Station, and they might just give the Aggies one more thing to boast about. 

Kyle Field, Texas A&M’s football stadium, will surpass UT’s football stadium as being the largest stadium in Texas. According to an A&M press release, A&M's Board of Regents approved a $450 million renovation to Kyle Field that will increase its seating capacity to 102,500 seats. The stadium’s new capacity will exceed UT’s Memorial Stadium’s capacity of 100,119 by more than 2,300 seats.

According to the press release, the increased size of Kyle Field will also make it the largest stadium in the Southeastern Conference, surpassing Tennessee’s stadium seating by just 45 seats. 

Among the highlights of the renovated stadium are a three-story merchandise and concessions store, club seating, overhangs to trap in noise and closer seats to the field.  

Texas A&M President Bowen Loftin spoke about the stadium in a press release Wednesday.

“As we have seen with Texas A&M’s transition into the Southeastern Conference, athletics can play a key role in increasing the visibility of the entire university,” Loftin said. “The Kyle Field project is yet another element of enhancing Texas A&M’s profile.”