UT Senate of College Councils president elect Ryan Hirsch resigns

Senate of College Councils president-elect Ryan Hirsch resigned from her position Wednesday night.

Hirsch, a neuroscience and pre-med junior, also left her post as current executive director of Senate because of personal and family matters, according to current Senate president Michael Morton.

Morton said the organization will have to go through the election process again, starting with nominations March 21 and voting April 4.

“She handled this situation very professionally,” Morton said. “This was entirely on her own accord. This was strictly to do with personal reasons. There is no other factor involved or any inappropriate behavior.”

Senate elected Hirsch on Feb. 22. Vice president-elect Kiefer Shenk and finacial director-elect Philip Wiseman will not be officialy appointed until after the new president is elected.

“Students deserve a seat at the table,” Hirsch said during her speech to the councils. “We must continue to grow and develop to better address student concerns and create policy to better the academic lives of students.”

Morton said Hirsch has not made it clear if she will continue as a part of the organization.

“We would love to have her come back to the organization when she is ready,” Morton said. 

Hirsch has not replied for comment.

This story has been updated after its original posting.