Bexar County DA office says no charges will be filed against Case McCoy, Jordan Hicks


No charges will be filed against junior quarterback Case McCoy or junior linebacker Jordan Hicks, who were accused of sexually assaulting a woman in San Antonio on Dec. 28, Catherine Babbitt, Bexar County chief assistant criminal district attorney, told The Daily Texan.

"Where it stands now, the San Antonio Police Department is not going to file a criminal case with our office nor is my office going to conduct any additional investigation," Babbit told the Texan on Tuesday.

Hicks and McCoy were suspended and sent home one day before Texas beat Oregon State in the Valero Alamo Bowl on Dec. 29 for an undisclosed violation of team rules and reinstated to the team last Sunday. Hicks' attorney, Perry Minton, released a statement that day saying the "investigation is closed", but SAPD said its Special Victims Unit was "still reviewing the case."

"I don't know the fellow," Babbitt said of Minton's statement. "I don't know why he would say that."

Hicks missed the final 10 games last season and plans on applying for a medical redshirt, which would make him a junior again next season. McCoy, who started one game last year while backing up sophomore David Ash, will be a senior.