Football operations director on leave since March

Cleve Bryant, associate athletics director for football operations since 1998, is no longer employed by the University, according to the Austin American-Statesman.

Bryant was accused of assaulting a female staff member last year and took a paid leave of absence from the University, but according to a public records request by the Statesman he has not been on the payroll since March 23. His most recent salary was $240,300, according to the UT Employee Salary Database.

Gloria Allred, a prominent Los Angeles lawyer, represents the female staff member whose name has not been disclosed. In an email to The Daily Texan, Allred said she has no comment at this time.

Annela Lopez, open records coordinator for UT, said on Wednesday there is no active appointment listed for Bryant but the same day assistant athletic director for football operations, Arthur Johnson, told the Statesman that Bryant is on a temporary leave.

Patricia Ohlendorf, vice president for legal affairs for UT, refuted Johnson’s statement today in an email to the Statesman.

“Mr. Bryant is no longer an employee of the University,” Ohlendorf said.

The assistant athletics director did not return a call on the matter. Ohlendorf told the Statesman nobody at the University is authorized to speak about the issue.