Texas rowing prepares for Clemson Invitational

After placing five top-two finishes in the San Diego Crew Classic, No. 8 Texas rowing will head east to participate in the Clemson Invitational in South Carolina. 

The Longhorns will row in 15 races spread across three sessions over the weekend. Two sessions will be on Saturday, the first beginning at 7:30 a.m. and the second beginning at 4 p.m. and the third session will begin at 7:30 a.m. on Sunday. Each race will have six or seven teams rowing.

Texas will be up against many of the nation’s top teams, including No. 4. Ohio State, who have won the National Championship the past three years, No. 3. Virginia, and No. 10 Michigan. The Longhorns will face a total of 19 teams during the meet, including matchups with Big 12 rival Oklahoma and conference affiliate member Tennessee.

The Longhorns hope to continue their strong season after the impressive showing in San Diego two weekends ago. Texas only fell to No. 2 California in the races, and while their performance was rewarded by a three spot jump in the Coaches Poll rankings, they will still be looking to show that they can contend with and beat top ranked teams this weekend.

The Clemson Invitational will be the last large regatta of the Longhorns’ regular season, as they will face Virginia head-to-head in Austin at the end of the month before competing in the Big 12 Championship in May.