Report: Strong asked to testify in University of Louisville trustee’s divorce case

An attorney for a University of Louisville trustee is seeking to subpoena Texas head coach Charlie Strong as a part of divorce proceedings, according to a report out of Louisville.

The report from WDRB-TV states that trustee Jonathan Blue’s attorney, Ann Oldfather, asked a judge to get Strong to give a deposition in Blue’s case against Tracy Blue. The motion calls Strong a “critical witness,” and requests that Strong turn over information about his relationship with Tracy.

The report also states that Oldfather wants Strong to turn over a Movado watch and other items Tracy gave to Strong as well as his cellphone, text message records, travel records and calendars dating back to 2012.

Strong confirmed Sunday that he received information about the proceedings, but said he’s not a party to the divorce.

“I certainly respect the legal system, and if I do receive a court order, I will review it and respond then,” Strong said. “Since this is a legal case, it wouldn't be appropriate for me to say anything further at this time.”

Strong was the head coach for Louisville from 2011 to 2014, when he was hired by Texas.

This story has been updated since its initial publication with a statement from head coach Charlie Strong.