Swimming and diving set to face TCU Friday afternoon in last meet before Big 12 championships

The Texas men’s and women’s swimming and diving teams face TCU on Friday in a final tuneup before the Big 12 championships later in the month. The Longhorns will also honor their 11 seniors before the last regular season home meet.

The Texas men enter the contest with a perfect 9-0 record after beating Arizona in an outdoor meet last week.

The Longhorns’ lineup will feature top talent. Junior Clark Smith has had a strong season in the  1000-yard freestyle, while sophomore Joseph Schooling holds the 2015 NCAA title in both the 100 and 200 butterfly — the first Longhorn freshmen to hold an individual title since 2010.

On the women’s side, divers Meghan Houston and Kristina Hoffmann and swimmer Erin Yeager will be recognized before competing in their final regular season home meet. Regardless of the outside distractions, the focus in the pool is set on closing out the season strong.

“It gets exciting this time of the year,” head coach Carol Capitani said. “Our focus is getting narrowed. We can’t just waltz in to win the meet. We’ve got to race tough.”

In last year’s meet against the Horned Frogs, Texas (8-2) earned a 157-111 victory. The Longhorns had a solid outing last weekend to defeat Arizona and look to continue their performances in the last meet before Big 12 Championships.

Diving events will start with men and women’s combined 1-meter competition at 2:45 p.m. and swimming events will kick off at 4 p.m.