Texas lands four-star cornerback Eric Cuffee

Cornerback Eric Cuffee, a four-star recruit from Waco High School, is taking his talents to the University of Texas. Cuffee made his announcement official on ESPNU’s Thursday edition of “Recruiting Nation.”

According to the ESPN Top 300, Cuffee is ranked as the nation’s 11th best cornerback and the state of Texas’ 19th best recruit.

Cuffee says the deciding factor in his commitment was how comfortable he felt with Texas head coach Charlie Strong.

“I love Coach Strong and the entire coaching staff,” Cuffee said on ESPNU. “I had a great time with Coach Strong when he came for the in-home. My family really liked him. He was really straightforward, and I appreciated that from him. I loved my official visit, and my mom loved it, too.”

Cuffee says the program is heading in the right direction and it will only be a matter of time until Texas returns to prominence.  

“Texas is definitely a program on the rise,” Cuffee said on ESPNU. “They had a bad year last year, but there is a lot of talent for a bounce back year. Deshon [Elliott], Malik [Jefferson] and P.J. [Locke] all recruited me. And they are all young and will help the program grow. It’s going to be good in the future.”

Cuffee is the 14th player in Texas’ 2016 recruiting class and is the first big domino to fall in the Longhorns’ last big push before National Signing Day on Feb. 3.