Texas women's golf places seventh at Las Vegas Collegiate Showdown

Texas completed its final tournament of the fall season with a seventh-place finish at the Las Vegas Collegiate Showdown on Wednesday, shooting a three-day 25-under par for a total score of 839.

Sophomore Sophia Schubert led the team with a top-five finish, shooting a three-day score of 203. Schubert made seven birdies and one bogey for a round of six-under par to finish in fourth, overall.

Senior Tezira Abe and junior Haley Mills finished tied for 45th at two-under par for the tournament. Mills finished her third round with a bogey-free three-under par while Abe carded two bogeys for a round of two-over par.

Junior Julia Beck and freshman Maddie Luitwieler tied for 53rd after they both shot a one-under par round of 71. The pair ended even par for the tournament.

University of Nevada-Las Vegas and Vanderbilt charged up the leaderboard to tie for first place. The teams finished 33-under par for a 54-hole score of 831. San Diego State finished in third place, just three strokes behind, as Tennessee’s Anna Newell finished in first place, individually.

Texas finished in the top ten in all of their tournaments this season. The team will open the spring season on Feb. 21st in the Allstate Sugar Bowl Intercollegiate in New Orleans, Louisiana.