Three stars of the NHL

There is no holiday better than Thanksgiving. It's a simple fact.

You got football, family, and food with the food being the best of all. I'm not going to bore you with a list of Thanksgiving food here, but rest be assured, I love a good pumpkin pie, some stuffing (not dressing), and a turkey leg. It's just the perfect holiday, so gluttonous and mellow. It is this holiday spirit that has compelled me to take a look around the league and find the plumpest of turkeys in the NHL.

Turkeys are the star of the Thanksgiving show. While your side dishes can be excellent role players, a perfectly roasted and seasoned butternut squash is worthless without a plump and juicy turkey. Keeping turkey's part in the Thanksgiving play in mind, I picked out three rotund stars of the NHL.

Dustin Byfuglien is a defenseman for the Winnipeg Jets who is 6-foot-5 and weighs 260 pounds. He's a big dude. But, he has also been an All-Star twice and played for a Cup. He's always been a solid player, playing an offensive-minded defensive game with that big body of his. At times, he's also played the power forward position, intimidating opponents with his strong shot. He's a scary sight on the ice as well as in a Google image search.

Two-time All-Star Phil Kessel is one of the best offensive players in the league. He has been a top-10 scorer three years straight, the only player to do so. He's also 6 foot and weighs 202 pounds. We all know that he's one of the best snipers in the game capable of taking on the best in world. His world-class reputation was affirmed when in 2014 at the Sochi Winter Olympics, he was named the best forward of the tournament after leading everyone else in scoring. So, yes, he's a bit bigger than most, but he's also a fantastic player.

This last one is a former three-time MVP. He's 6-foot-3, 230-pound Alexander Ovechkin and he's wants to be formal, but he's just here to party. The big Russian has had an illustrious career. While he hasn't played for a Cup yet, he's won almost every major award and given Sidney “The Chosen One” Crosby a run for his money. His size has allowed him to be a hard-hitting scorer, a rare combination in the league. His size has also allowed him to look like he was wearing a few too many Kosovorotkas underneath his uniform. But, no matter his size, Alex Ovechkin is a one-of-a-kind player who already has a hall of fame resume.

These stars are the Thanksgiving turkeys of the NHL. They rule their teams and deserve your attention, just like that big bird in the middle of the table.