As golf gears up, focus is placed on Tiger Woods' remarks

A lot has been going on in the golf world.

U.S. golfers Charley Hoffman and John Hahn have had good starts to the season.  Hoffman won his first tournament in over four years Sunday at the OHL Classic in Mayakoba, Mexico, while Hahn, who participated on the European Tour, shot a 58 in the final round of the Q-school. 

Even Donald Trump made news in the golf world by announcing he wants to change the Turnberry’s championship Alisa Course 9th hole from a par-4 to a par-3.  Turnberry has hosted the British Open Championship four times and this change is not setting well with golf traditionalists.  However, if they are concerned about this change, be prepared for more to come.     

Needless to say, no one cares what the golfers and Trump are up to.  All that matters to most fans currently are the issues between Dan Jenkins and Tiger Woods

Dan Jenkins, former Sports Illustrated reporter and author, wrote a parody for his monthly article in Golf Digest. 

Jenkins wrote this article based on a fake interview he created with Tiger Woods and nothing was off limits.  From poking fun at Woods’ lack of winning, to being a bad tipper, firing coaches, and being narcissistic about his performance being the only great moments in golf.  One might argue Jenkins covered just about everything with Tiger.

Jenkins' work though got under the skin of Woods. Woods published a piece for The Players’ Tribune, a website owned by Yankees great Derek Jeter, by decrying the fake interview and sending a separate letter to the Golf Digest asking for an apology. 

"[Jenkins] has no idea how I think or feel about any of the things he claims to know about, which is why he had to make things up," Woods wrote. "All athletes know that we will be under scrutiny from the media.  But this concocted article was below the belt.”

Whether Woods admits it or not, the relationship between he and Jenkins has been tainted since he entered pro golf.  Jenkins has covered more than 60 straight Masters and over 200 of golf’s biggest tournaments and entered the World Golf Hall of Fame in 2011.  Yet with all of that, he has never done a sit down interview with Woods since his arrival in 1996. 

But as Woods continues to fall in the world of golf, he found a way to be in the spotlight again, this time not for the right reason.