Week 11 Big 12 games to watch

Week 11 brings us the most significant weekend in the Big 12. Two big matchups will take place this weekend that will help to decide the winner of the Big 12 Conference.

The first will be a game that I have looked forward to watching all season. The No. 12 Baylor Bears will travel to Norman to face the No. 15 Oklahoma Sooners.

Before the season started, I had this game as the deciding tilt of the Big 12 Conference. With Baylor and Oklahoma now both having a conference losses going into the game, it is a little less significant.

Despite the fact that both teams are outside of the top two in the division, they can still better their chances for a conference title with a win this weekend. If the Bears can pull off this victory, they’ll be in sole possession of second place in the conference, or perhaps tied for first.

Oklahoma will need a little more help, seeing as they already have two conference losses. The Sooners are now playing for the Cotton Bowl.

Later Saturday night, the most important game of the Big 12 season will take place in Fort Worth between the No. 6 Horned Frogs and the No. 7 Kansas State Wildcats.

Kansas State, with only a non-conference loss to Auburn, is one of the best teams in the country this year. TCU, has a loss to Baylor on its resume, but is putting up the second most points per game (just two points off pace with Baylor).

This game is crucial for both teams. With a Kansas State win, the Wildcats will remain atop the Big 12, with only a final matchup with Baylor left on the schedule.

TCU, will control its own destiny if the Horned Frogs manage to win this weekend. The remainder of there schedule looks like this:

Nov. 15 at Kansas

Nov. 27 at Texas

Dec. 6 vs. Iowa State

Despite what unfolds on Saturday, it will be a day of hard fought, well played football in the Big 12.

No. 12 Baylor at No. 15 Oklahoma – 11 a.m. (cst) Fox Sports 1

No. 7 Kansas State at No. 6 TCU – 6:30 p.m. (cst) FOX