New superstars are already on the rise under the names James and Wade

The revolution has begun. Forget about Miami Heat stars LeBron James and Dwyane Wade, two of the biggest names of basketball’s last decade and established NBA legends. Those guys are old news.

The new wave of superstars is upon us in the form of 11-year-old Zaire Wade and 9-year-old LeBron James Jr.

The elder James recently posted an Instagram video of the third-grade “Prince James” balling his way to 25 points, eight rebounds and eight assists, a stat line that bears a striking resemblance to one you would see next to his dad’s name. James Sr. noted his son’s Wade-like euro step next to the hashtags #HeGotNext and #StriveForGreatness.

James Jr. may be two years younger, but you can already predict a future rivalry with Wade’s son, fifth-grader Zaire. Judging by this highlight tape, Zaire Wade may already have a better shooting stroke than Dwyane Wade, and he definitely has the confident attitude.

Zaire Wade shows off some ankle-breaking dribble moves and flashy passing skills, and based on his minute and a half video, he takes an early upper hand on James Jr.  However, that two-year age difference is important, and we have a much smaller sample size to compare them. Plus, James Sr. was a later bloomer than Dwyane Wade — the elder James didn’t win his first title until season nine, while Dwyane Wade won his in year three.

One thing is for sure — if these youngsters develop into nearly the players their fathers are, we could have a pretty incredible rivalry on our hands for the next few decades.

In other recent sports pop culture news:

•    Rapper Dr. Dre spoke to the USC football team the night before their game against Stanford before the Trojans gained a huge upset win no one saw coming. The only plausible explanation is that Dr. Dre is the secret weapon for USC. If only Lane Kiffin had learned this earlier.

•    Colts quarterback Andrew Luck took the stage at an Indianapolis MGMT concert last Friday night, manning the critical cowbell instrument, erupting the crowd into a frenzy. It’s always great to see an audience that can appreciate a good cowbell.

•    J.R. Smith of the New York Knicks is contemplating deleting his Twitter account after a recent tweet-battle with Pistons guard Brandon Jennings. In response, the entire Twitter population screams “NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!”