Myck Kabongo goes undrafted in 2013 NBA Draft

Myck Kabongo declared for the NBA Draft on Friday, leaving Texas in his rear view mirror after two seasons with the Longhorns, the last of which was shortened by a 23-game suspension. Over the course of his career, Kabongo played in 45 games, averaging 10.8 points and 5.3 assists per game, while shooting 40 percent from the floor. Daily Texan file photo. 

Sophomore Longhorn point guard Myck Kabongo went undrafted in the 2013 NBA Draft Thursday night. Kabongo was passed over by 13 other point guards through 60 total picks in the two-round draft. 

Kabongo only played in 11 games in the 2012-2013 season after receiving a 23-game suspension from the NCAA for receiving impermissible benefits and lying to Texas officials. Last season, he averaged 15 points, 5.5 assists and 5 rebounds in his shortened season. 

Last season, former Longhorn J'Covan Brown went undrafted after forfeiting a year of eligibility, making this the second year in a row that a Longhorn has not been selected in the NBA draft. In 2011, former Longhorns Tristan Thompson, Jordan Hamilton and Cory Joseph all were drafted in the first round. 

Kabongo's cousin, Christian Kabongo who played for the New Mexico State Aggies, also went undrafted.