Former Texas high school football coach Bob Shipley joins Longhorns staff as football analyst

Texas is adding another Shipley to its team.

Bob Shipley, who served as a high school head football coach and athletics director around the state of Texas, has been hired as a football analyst at UT, Texas announced Monday morning.

Shipley’s newly-created position is part of the player personnel department and will involve administrative work, showing potential student athletes and their families around campus and planning summer football camp and the high school coaching clinic. Shipley will work closely with fellow new hire Patrick Suddes, director of player personnel.

“Having been a college coach, a longtime high school coach and having been around the program for almost 10 years with my sons, this is a position that just seemed right for me,” he said.  “Assisting with recruiting is something that I have experience in and love to do.”

Shipley will start his new role after spending four years as head coach and athletics director at Brownwood High School.  Of his four children, two are former or current Texas players.  Jordan Shipley holds Texas’ record for receptions and is currently a wide receiver for the Jacksonville Jaguars, while Bob's younger son, Jaxon, has started at wide receiver for the Longhorns each of the last two years.