Breaking down Rick Barnes' 2013 recruiting class

The 2013 recruiting class is now official. The Longhorns signed three backcourt prospects to letters of intent Wednesday and are going to need immediate impacts from them if they want to avoid another disastrous season.

Shooting guard Demarcus Croaker from Orlando, point guard Isaiah Taylor from Oakland and Richardson combo guard Kendal Yancy should all have an opportunity to play early.

"We are very excited to welcome Demarcus, Isaiah and Kendal to the Texas Basketball program," Texas coach Rick Barnes said. "With the addition of these three players, we have made a significant improvement in terms of skill and athleticism in our backcourt."

Yancy is an explosive scorer that can play both backcourt spots. He is ranked as the No. 87 prospect nationally in the ESPN100 and the No. 107 prospect in the country by

Croaker, a shooting guard from Jones High School, is ranked as the No. 105 prospect in the nation by He averaged a team-best 23.9 points per game and was a finalist for the Florida Class 4A Player of the Year award during his senior season.

Taylor, who averaged a double-double his final season in high school, is a true pass first point guard capable of making plays off the dribble at high speeds.

All three will have the opportunity to contribute immediately as the Longhorns look to the replace their two leading scorers from last season. Point guard Myck Kabongo has declared for the NBA Draft and shooting guard Sheldon McClellan decided to transfer last month.