Three recently signed NFL players that could see increased fantasy value in 2013

With over a week of NFL Free Agency in the books there were a number of moves made that will affect fantasy football in 2013. Here is a look at a few players to watch out for as they join their new teams for the upcoming season:

1. Dustin Keller, TE, Miami Dolphins

In eight games last season with a struggling Mark Sanchez leading the New York Jets offense Keller finished with 28 receptions for 317 yards and two touchdowns. Now paired with Ryan Tannehill, a quality young quarterback, fantasy owners can expect Keller to see an increase in red zone targets and ultimately an increase in touchdowns. Also, the Dolphins recent addition of speedy wide receiver Mike Wallace should open up the slot and the middle of the field for Keller giving him more targets and opportunities to improve on last year’s numbers. If Keller can stay healthy he will be a great mid to late round fantasy pick.

2. Reggie Bush, RB, Detroit Lions

Last season with the Dolphins Bush rushed for 986 yards on 227 carries and scored six touchdowns. Bush is definitely not a top-tier NFL running back, but when he is used the right way he can be a great role player and very valuable fantasy player. His new team, the Detroit Lions, has struggled to run the ball and find a consistent running back in the past, and if Bush can carry his solid play into next season fantasy owners should expect the Lions to get him as many touches as possible. In addition, he has only missed one regular season game in the past two seasons, so if he continues to stay healthy he will be a great option for fantasy owners looking for a second or third running back in the middle rounds of the draft.

3. Danny Amendola, WR, New England Patriots

After losing Wes Welker to the Broncos the Patriots made it clear that Amendola is their current replacement for Welker in the slot wide receiver position. Amendola compares to Welker in size and speed so if he can get on the same page as quarterback Tom Brady then fantasy owners should look for his number to increase significantly. We all know how much Brady loves throwing to slot receivers and in that position last season Welker was able to post 1,354 receiving yards; therefore barring any major injuries I don’t see why Amendola wouldn’t be able to record at least 1,000 receiving yards.

A few other notable players

Rashard Mendenhall, RB, Arizona Cardinals: Mendenhall should see a significant increase in touches as he joins a Cardinals team that struggled to run the ball last season.

Greg Jennings, WR, Minnesota Vikings:

With Percy Harvin deciding to leave Minnesota and sign with Seattle, Jennings should become the number one target for young quarterback Christian Ponder.

Jared Cook, TE, St. Louis Rams

Cook has not lived up to his complete potential yet, but maybe a change of scenery and a new quarterback will help turn him into the player he can become.