MLB predictions: Who will win the AL Central?

The division looks to be Detroit’s for the taking in 2013, much like 2012. The Twins are in complete rebuilding mode. The Royals are at least a couple years out from making a playoff push, but could put together a solid, winning season. The White Sox are getting old like the Yankees, but unlike the Bronx Bombers, Chicago does not have the proven talent the Yankees do.

Adam Dunn and Alex Rios are the top White Sox bats. But the pitching rotation, outside of Chris Sale, is questionable. Cleveland will be an interesting team to watch this season. It made some solid moves during the offseason, with the additions of infielder Mark Reynolds and outfielders Michael Bourn, Nick Swisher and Drew Stubbs.

Those additions to a lineup that already included Jason Kipnis, Asdrubal Cabrera and Carlos Santana should make the Indians' offense exciting to watch. Unfortunately, the pitching staff is not of the same caliber as the offense. Ubaldo Jimenez and Justin Masterson headline the rotation, but both are huge question marks after their performances in 2012.

Expect this year’s Detroit Tiger team to eclipse its 2012 win total of 88 and push for the best record in baseball. With Cabrera, Fielder, Jackson, Martinez and Hunter pacing the offense and Verlander, Fister, Scherzer and Sanchez forming one of the best rotations in baseball, it’s pretty apparent Detroit is the class of the Central.