Top NBA storylines: LeBron somehow getting better, Bulls could be a dark horse

Here are two storylines worth watching this week in the NBA?

1. LeBron James reaching new heights

Whenever it seems impossible for Lebron James to take his game to another level, he seems to deliver. After putting away questions about his mental resilience with the 2012 NBA Championship victory, James is playing the game with passion and having fun. According to James, that’s what has fueled his rise to meteoric levels of efficiency, scoring more than 30 points per game and shooting 60 percent six games in a row at one point. It seemed that Kevin Durant had been in Lebron James’ realm in terms of MVP discussions, but James has  stomped over any question about who is the most valuable player in the NBA. After finally achieving his physical and mental apex, Lebron James seems ready to not only match Michael Jordan, but even surpass the G.O.A.T. (Greatest of All-Time).

2. Are the Bulls the dark-horse contender?

As much talk there is about teams like the Pacers, Nuggets, and Grizzlies, a playoff team without a superstar is rarely the recipe for success. With a ridiculously effective Bulls defense (third in the NBA) and the (probable) return of the most explosive point guard in Derrick Rose, the Bulls are sure to push a top seed. Without Rose, the Bulls have gone 32-24 and, if the postseason began today, would be the No. 6 seed, matched up with the Knicks. Chicago has home games against Cleveland, Philadelphia and Brooklyn this week, followed by a date at current No. 2 seed Indiana on Sunday.