Waco DT Andrew Billings turns down Texas offer, commits to Baylor

Waco defensive tackle Andrew Billings committed to Baylor on Tuesday, turning down offers from around two dozen other schools, including Texas.

Billings, a four-star prospect, according to rivals.com, narrowed his list down to Baylor, Texas and TCU before choosing to play for the Bears this week. The 6-foot-1, 205-pounder was one of the Longhorns' most highly touted remaining targets. Each of the four-star Class of 2013 prospects Baylor has nabbed — Billings and Fort Worth Southwest wide receiver Robbie Rhodes -- both seriously considered playing for Texas before pledging to play for the Bears.

Billings turning down Texas' offer means that the Longhorns will likely not sign a defensive lineman this year. Celina's Jake Raulerson, also a four-star prospect, according to rivals.com, can play on both the offensive and defensive line but none of the 15 players who have verbally committed to Texas are primarily a defensive linemen.

The Longhorns have had two Class of 2013 defensive linemen committed to them, Lancaster defensive end Daeshon Hall and Fort Worth Arlington Heights defensive tackle A'Shawn Robinson, both of whom have since decommitted from Texas.

The last time the Longhorns signed a recruiting class with as few as 15 players was in 2005, when they also signed 15. That class included current NFL Players Colt McCoy, Jamaal Charles, Jermichael Finley, Quan Cosby and Henry Melton.

National signing day is Wednesday.