Two Longhorns suspended for Alamo Bowl after being accused of sexual assault, reportedly Case McCoy and Jordan Hicks

Quarterback Case McCoy and linebacker Jordan Hicks have been suspended for the Valero Alamo Bowl on Saturday after being accused of sexually assaulting a woman early Friday morning, according to multiple reports.

McCoy, a junior, started one game this season and has been a part of a quarterback battle with David Ash for much of the year. Hicks, also a junior, has missed the majority of the season with a hip injury that has sidelined him since the third game of the year.

Head coach Mack Brown would not give the names of the accused while addressing reporters Friday. The names of the players were blacked out on the police report.

This means that there is a good possibility that senior punter Alex King could be the Longhorns' backup quarterback Saturday. He was their backup quarterback when David Ash missed Texas' last game, a loss to Kansas State, with a rib injury.

According to a San Antonio Police Department report on the alleged incident obtained by The Daily Texan, San Antonio police were dispatched to an undisclosed location after receiving a report of an alleged rape at 2:49 a.m. Friday.

The alleged victim was crying when police arrived on the scene. She told police she had been drinking at a hotel bar with the two suspects before bringing them back to her hotel room where she was raped.

Police observed bruising on her right knee and left bicep. She was transported to Methodist Specialty Transplant Hospital in San Antonio.

"No arrests have been made. As far as the investigation goes, it is still being currently investigated," Porter told "There is no timetable for the investigation" to be handed over to the district attorney.

Matthew Porter, San Antonio Police Department spokesman, said under state law the names of alleged sexual assault suspects cannot be released until a warrant has been issued for their arrest, and the names of alleged sexual assault victims can only be released during trial.

Texas (8-4) faces Oregon State (9-3) in the Alamo Bowl on Saturday night.

Reporting by Chris Hummer, Christian Corona and David Maly was used for this story.