Rookie QB's Light Defenses Up In Thrilling Fashion

In this all or nothing, make or break fantasy football world that we live in, the difference between victory and defeat often comes down to a single player.  With their teams and fantasy owners alike in need of touchdowns late in the game, a couple rookie quarterbacks led the way in comeback victories:

Andrew Luck, QB, Indianapolis Colts

Luck had yet another huge game for the Colts on Sunday, throwing for 391 yards and four touchdowns, including one as time expire that gave the Colts a 35-33 win over the Detroit Lions.  Although he did throw three interceptions, he was able to pile up more than enough yardage and scores to overcome his mistakes.

Russell Wilson, QB, Seattle Seahawks

In a game that many people, including myself, believed he would struggle, Wilson had possibly his best game as a professional, passing for 293 yards and two touchdowns and running for another 71 yards against a very tough Chicago defense.  Like Luck’s, a late touchdown pass boosted Wilson’s fantasy performance, as he threw a thirteen-yard score to Sydney Rice in overtime.

Adrian Peterson, RB, Minnesota Vikings

Though the Vikings lost to the Green Bay Packers 14-23, Peterson did all he could to rally his team, racking up 210 rushing yards and a touchdown on 21 carries. After returning from an ACL tear he suffered late last year the former Oklahoma Sooner continues to exceed expectations this season, rushing for 100-plus yards for the sixth straight game.