Case McCoy to start for Texas in regular season finale against Kansas State

Longhorns head coach Mack Brown announced Monday that junior Case McCoy will start at quarterback for Texas in its regular season finale against Kansas State on Saturday.

McCoy replaced sophomore David Ash in the second quarter of the Longhorns' 20-13 loss to TCU, and again in the fourth quarter. He completed 11 of 17 passes for 110 yards and was the quarterback for the team's lone touchdown drive before throwing the game-sealing interception with a little more than a minute left to play.

McCoy, who made his last start in last season's regular season finale against Baylor, also took over for Ash against Kansas earlier this month. He entered the game with Texas trailing, 17-7, before marching the Longhorns into the end zone twice and leading them to a 21-17 comeback victory.

Ash was listed as questionable last weekend after suffering a rib injury during the loss to TCU. He was 10-for-21 with 104 yards and committed three turnovers, two interceptions and a lost fumble, all in the first half, in that game.

Senior punter Alex King, who played quarterback in high school, is listed as Texas' third-string quarterback, behind McCoy and Ash. Freshman Connor Brewer, who has not played at all this year, is listed as the team's fourth-string quarterback.

Texas has not beaten Kansas State in Manhattan since 2002.