Schaub strikes Jags with career day

With turkey day on the horizon, many players gave their fantasy owners plenty to be thankful for in this weekend’s batch of NFL games.  However like anything else in life, in fantasy football great is better than good, and these players stood out on Sunday with some incredible performances:

1) Matt Shaub, QB, Houston Texans

What’s better than leading your team to 43 points and a comeback victory at home in overtime? Doing so while throwing for 527 and five touchdowns, which Schaub did on Sunday against the Jacksonville Jaguars. The nine-year veteran set career highs in yardage and in touchdowns on Sunday, and his 527 yards through the air is good for the second-most passing yards in a single game in NFL history, tying Warren Moon’s 527 against the Chiefs in 1990.

2) Andre Johnson, WR, Houston Texans

Johnson was the main beneficiary of his quarterback’s career day, hauling in 14 catches for 273 yards, including the game-winning 48-yard touchdown in overtime. Johnson’s performance was one to remember, as he too set career highs in catches and receiving yards, managing even to outshine Jaguars’ rookie Justin Blackmon’s seven catches for 236 yards and a touchdown.

3) Robert Griffin III, QB, Washington Redskins

RG3 was practically flawless against the Eagles’ awful defense on Sunday, completing 14 out of 15 passes for 200 yards and four touchdowns in the Redskins’ 31-6 rout of Philadelphia. In addition to his passing performance, which earned him a perfect passer rating of 158.3, Griffin amassed 82 rushing yards on 12 carries.