Martin rocks Raiders with stellar game

If October’s a good month for fantasy football, November’s even better. This weekend’s NFL action featured many impressive outings by players, including a herculean performance by Tampa Bay’s rookie running back.  Though many fantasy owners should be ecstatic with their players’ stat lines, others were no doubt upset when they checked the box scores:

Fantasy Studs:

1) Doug Martin, RB, Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Martin had an unforgettable performance against the Raiders on Sunday, lighting up the Raiders for 251 rushing yards and four touchdowns, becoming the first running back since 1940 to run for three touchdowns of at least 45 yards in a single game.  Incredibly, Martin scored all four of his touchdowns in the game’s second half, achieving the single highest-scoring fantasy outing by any player this year.

2) Brandon Marshall, WR, Chicago Bears

Marshall had his best game yet as a Bear, snagging nine balls for 122 yards while hauling in three touchdowns to successfully complete the hat trick against the Titans on Sunday.  He was easily Jay Cutler’s favorite target, especially in the red zone, and showed the entire league how dangerous a combo those two are when they’re on the right page.

3) Mikel Leshoure, RB, Detroit Lions

Leshoure had been quiet since week three, when he racked up 100 rushing yards and a touchdown against Tennessee.  However he showed up in a big way against the Jaguars, breaking out for 70 yards and three touchdowns, tripling his previous season total for touchdowns.  Even if it came against a weak Jacksonville defense, credit Leshoure for his monster game on Sunday.

Fantasy Duds:

1) Eli Manning, QB, New York Giants

Facing the Steelers’ stingy defense, Manning struggled with accuracy and decision-making throughout the Giants’ 20-24 loss.  Completing less than half of his passes and tossing an interception, Manning failed to throw a touchdown for the second straight game and only has one in his last three.

2) Percy Harvin, WR, Minnesota Vikings

Harvin struggled with production and health in the Vikings’ 20-30 loss to the Seahawks, aggravating a previous hamstring injury early on and later spraining his ankle in the third quarter.  Although he was able to play the duration of the game, his effectiveness was clearly limited, as he managed only two catches for ten yards.

3) Dez Bryant, WR, Dallas Cowboys

Bryant makes his second appearance on this list in three weeks after a forgettable performance on Sunday night against the Falcons, catching only one pass for fifteen yards. After being critiqued for poor decision-making and route running over the past several weeks, Bryant was essentially ignored by QB Tony Romo, who directed the majority of his passes at Miles Austin and Kevin Ogletree.