Texas to face TCU on Thanksgiving after Big 12 finalizes 13-year TV deal

The game between Texas and TCU that was originially scheduled for Saturday, Nov. 24 has been officially moved to Thanksiving Day, Nov. 22.

The Big 12 announced a 13-year television deal with ESPN and FOX through 2025 on Friday morning, shortly before the Longhorns' game against the Horned Frogs this year was rescheduled. Texas hosts TCU in its first meeting with the Horned Frogs since a 34-13 win in 2007. This year's contest will begin at 6:30 p.m. and be televised by ESPN.

"Excited for the TCU game to be on Thanksgiving!" Longhorns head coach Mack Brown tweeted Friday. "Looking forward to a great Turkey Day w/ our Longhorn family!"

TCU last played on Thanksgiving in 1928, when the Horned Frogs took down SMU, but the Longhorns' last Thanksgiving Day game came last season when a 40-yard field goal by Justin Tucker as time expired gave them a thrilling, 27-25, victory over Texas A&M at Kyle Field this past November. The Aggies have since moved to the SEC, along with Missouri, with TCU and West Virginia taking their places in the Big 12. 

Texas holds a 49-22-2 (.685) record on Thanksgiving, with all but nine of those 73 games coming against Texas A&M, who the Longhorns have a 76-37-5 (.665) advantage against all-time. The Longhorns have gone 43-19-2 (.688) against the Aggies on Thanksgiving Day.