Texas loses out on DGB, Edwards.

Dorial Green-Beckham, center, celebrates after announcing that he will play college football for Missouri. Green-Beckham is only 18, but already draws comparisons to current NFL greats like Andre or Calvin Johnson.

The No. 1 wide receiver and No. 3 overall high school prospect on the ESPNU 150, Dorial Green-Beckham, chose Missouri as the school he wishes to continue playing football at.

DGB, as he's come to be called, was the nation's best high school receiver last year, shattering national records along the way.  At 6-6, 220-pounds, the wide receiver from Hillcrest (Springfield, Mo.), picked Missouri over Arkansas, Oklahoma, Alabama and Texas. In his senior season he caught 116 passes for 2,233 yards and 24 touchdowns. Overall  Green-Beckham holds the national record for career high school receiving yards with 6,353 on 300 receptions and scored 75 touchdowns in his career.  

One of DGB's biggest reason's for choosing Missouri over Texas and his other options was because of location. He'll be playing in a state that has watched and cheered for him over the past four years.

The Tigers will benefit from his size and speed -- he runs a 4.43 second 40-- relieving some of the pressure Tiger quarterback James Franklin had last year without a big-play wide receiver.

Texas also officially lost out on DE Mario Edwards who chose Florida State this morning. Edwards was widely considered to be the top available recruit in the nation, but the senior out of Denton chose another team ripe with defensive talent. Florida State's gain was Texas' loss in the class rankings which are updated throughout the day's signing blitz. Texas came into today projected to have the second-best recruiting class, but have since dropped to third and was replaced by the Seminoles after a number of marquee defensive pickups.