Howard now open to playing in Chicago

Dwight Howard looks on as his Magic lose to the Indiana Pacers. Howard may be moving out of Orlando after this season. The Magic are 12-8 this year.

Dwight Howard has added a new city to his trade wish list, the “Windy City,” Chicago.

In the past Howard’s list of the teams in which he would sign a long-term deal if traded to included only: Dallas, the L.A. Lakers, and the New Jersey Nets.

The list has been speculated upon since November, and teams have been on and off the list more often than the Republicans have had debates this winter.

Now, the new team on his wish list is the Bulls, where Howard would get to play with his buddy Derek Rose.

"If I could play with Derrick right now and God wanted that to happen, it will happen," Howard told the Chicago Tribune. "It has nothing to do with me not wanting to play with Derrick Rose. I love him. That's my brother."

In the past there were rumors that Rose and Howard’s shoe sponsor Adadis did not want the two to play together, because it would limit the pairs influence too a smaller market space. Howard quickly dismissed that idea.

"It has nothing to do with Adidas," Howard said, according to the Tribune. "In fact, Adidas would love that because me and Derrick have the same guy."

If Howard were traded to the Bulls, the combination of Howard and Rose would be lethal. It would be the first true high-low combination between a center and a guard since Shaq and Kobe.

In fact, it could be even more deadly. Rose is a much more willing passer than Kobe ever was, and Howard is a more effective defender than O’Neal in his prime.

The trade would also work for both squads, as the Bull’s have the young pieces to send back to Orlando, to make the trade worthwhile.

The Bulls would be able to put together a package of Joakim Noah, Taj Gibson or Omer Asik and draft picks to send to the Magic in return for Howard and absorbing Hedo Turkoglu contract. A package of young talented pieces is something no other team on Howard’s list can afford to offer, in terms of value.

As of now there is no indication that the Bulls are actively perusing Howard, but at this point it looks like Howard will have to be traded and the Bulls would seem to be an excellent fit.