Fantasy Frenzy: Week 11

Fresh off his three month “retirement,” Carson Palmer has returned to lead the Oakland Raiders to a 5-4 record so far this season.

It’s week 11 and the start of the home stretch of your fantasy season, so here is some advice on who to start and who to sit.

Start:

1. Carson Palmer, Oakland Raiders — Palmer had a bit of a rough start in his first two games in Oakland, but last week against San Diego he came through and led the team to an important division win. His numbers were good. He threw for 299 yards and two touchdowns against a tough Chargers defense. This week Palmer goes against the fourth-worst passing defense in the league Minnesota, making Palmer a smart start or wavier pickup.

2. Reggie Bush, Miami Dolphins — Don’t look now but the Dolphins are playing well, winning two of their last three, and Reggie Bush is a big part of that. He has seen lots of touches in both the running and passing game, and has scored three touchdowns. This week the Dolphins face the Bills, who have a poor rush defense, giving up 169 yards on the ground to Dallas plus passing yards to backs out of the backfield their last time out. So Bush has an excellent matchup this week.

Sit:

1. Michael Vick, Philadelphia Eagles — The Eagles are reeling and have started off the season 3-6, despite the expectations they accrued in the offseason. On top of that, Vick has a pair of broken ribs to deal with this week, which is painful for any position and especially tough for a quarterback. Don’t expect much from Vick this week — if anything at all — because he might not even play.

2. Tim Tebow, Denver Broncos — The list this week has its share of high profile and overly discussed players on it, but none of the previous three have Tebow level hype. Tebow has performed well in his time as a starter going 3-1, while being an above average fantasy player as well. But this week he comes up against the Jets defense, a much stiffer test than any of the other opponent he has seen thus far. He only completed two passes against Kansas City last week, and going up against a stellar Jets secondary, he might not even get one. Sit him this week.