Fantasy Frenzy: Week 10

Chris Johnson of the Tennessee Titans
Chris Johnson of the Tennessee Titans

Week 10 of the fantasy season is upon us, so here are the players you should start and those you should sit.

Start:

1. Chris Johnson, Tennessee Titans — It’s hard to believe that anyone would ever consider sitting Johnson after his fantasy performances his first three years in the league, but 2011 has been terrible for him. Johnson has been the biggest bust of the year for fantasy owners, averaging only three yards per carry. However, last week he showed signs of his past form against Cincinnati, rushing for 64 yards, which included a 20 yard run. This week he takes on the 26th-ranked rushing defense the Carolina Panthers. He is a must start.

2. Percy Harvin, Minnesota Vikings — Harvin has been riddled with injuries much of the year. Combine that with a rookie quarterback throwing him the ball, and he has been an ineffective player all season. But this week, the Vikings go against the high-powered Packers. Expect the Vikings to fall behind quickly and throw the ball to catch up, making Harvin an intelligent play this week.

3. Tim Tebow, Denver Broncos — He certainly doesn’t look pretty throwing the ball, but he is effective as a fantasy player, averaging 19 points a game. While the majority of his points come from his running ability, as an owner, they’re points either way. Tebow is a must start in any league.

Sit:

1. Andy Dalton, Cincinnati Bengals — He has been scorching as a quarterback early on in his career, leading the usually terrible Bengals to a 6-2 start. But this week he will face his biggest test so far, in the form of Pittsburgh Steelers defense. Unfortunately for his owners, it’s hard to expect him to fare well against that particular defense the first time he faces them — sit Dalton this week.

2. Darren McFadden, Oakland Raiders — The early season rushing leader has been out with a foot injury the last few weeks, and he was expected to be back tonight to face the San Diego Chargers. However, he has yet to even test out his foot and is highly doubtful to play. Sit McFadden tonight before the game, and if you can, play his backup Michael Bush.