Fantasy Frenzy: Cowboys' Murray looks to pummel Eagles

Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco is sacked by Jaguars linebacker Daryl Smith. Flacco should bounce back this week after a rough outing.

Week 8 of the fantasy season is upon us, so here are a few tips on who to start and who to sit.

Start:

1. Joe Flacco, Baltimore Ravens — Flacco had a terrible game on Monday night against the lowly Jaguars, passing for only 137 yards on 38 attempts in a head-scratching 12-7 loss. Flacco has been highly criticized for his performance during the week and has had to deflect talk about his inability to lead the team to victory. This week Flacco has the opportunity to silence his critics against a weak Arizona secondary. Expect him to bounce back well with a huge game.

2. DeMarco Murray, Dallas Cowboys — Just in case you weren’t paying attention last weekend, Murray had a breakout game, rushing for 253 yards and setting a new Cowboys single-game rushing mark. While he most likely will not explode like that again, he has an excellent opportunity on Sunday night to make his performance a trend. The Cowboys will take on an Eagles front seven that has allowed 123.8 yards a game, so expect Murray to see plenty of opportunities and take advantage of the matchup.

3. Jabar Gaffney, Washington Redskins — Gaffney has been a solid No. 2 option for the Redskins all season long, but with Santana Moss’ injury last weekend, Gaffney will have to step up. Gaffney should be able to do just that this weekend against a Buffalo secondary that allows the third most passing yards a game in the NFL.

Sit:

1. Jahvid Best, Detroit Lions — Detroit’s starting tailback went down two weeks ago against the 49ers with concussion-like symptoms and did not play last week against the Falcons. This week the Lions take on the Broncos in a good matchup for running backs, but you’d be smart to sit Best again this week. He is listed as doubtful, and with a bye week next week for Detroit, the Lions are likely to sit him rather than risk further injury.

2. Dez Bryant and Miles Austin, Dallas Cowboys — are two of the best receivers in the NFL and some of the most productive for your lineup. But this week the Cowboys will take the an elite trio of Eagles corners, who will make it hard for the pair to put up big numbers. Plus, they are going up against a poor run defense, so expect Dallas to run the ball early and often.