Sweater weather or "sever" weather?

Deb Hanley, left, and Frank McGuire dig about three feet of snow from around their car outside their home in the Beacon Hill neighborhood of Boston, Saturday, Feb. 9, 2013. The Boston area received about two feet of snow from a winter storm. 

School gets delayed for the fourth time this semester due to inclement weather as temperature falls below freezing again. For all the Texans terrified of anything under 40, here are nine ways to beat Austin’s very own polar vortex.

9. Make s’mores over your stove. 
If you don’t have a stove, a trashcan fire should do nicely.

8. Stand directly under the heating vent.
Don’t share your spot with anyone else. That warm air is for you and you alone.

7. Take all of the unfinished work you have and bury yourself in it.
All those papers should provide some insulation.

6. Stay on your laptop for hours until the burn on your legs keeps the rest of you warm.
What true love feels like: someone who is always there for you to keep you warm.

5. Take the Pluckers challenge and the pure burn will take your mind off of the cold.
The Wall of Fame is worth it.

4. Burn an effigy of Punxsutawney Phil.
Because that shadow-seeing rodent cursed us with 6 more weeks of winter. 

3. Go thrift shopping at Buffalo Exchange and pick yourself up a sweet fur coat. 
#ButItWas99Cents #PopSomeTags

2. Fit as many people as you can into one Car 2 Go so that there is zero room for cold air to get in.
Alternatively, crowd all your friends in the same flannel shirt and it’ll be fuzzy and wonderful.

1. And always the classic: Netflix and a blanket. 
If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.